A day in the life…

So I think we’re finally getting into the swing of things, now that Niall is almost 3 months old (I can’t believe how fast time has flown by already!). I feel like we’re starting to get on a regular schedule, which is great for me. During the day, his naps are still pretty unpredictable, but every night he goes down for bed at 10, wakes up for a bottle around 3:30 and then we go back to sleep from around 4:30 until 7:30. So, I think I’m actually getting 8 hours of sleep when all is said and done. For a while, I thought I would be a zombie for the rest of my life. I’m the type of person who really needs my 8 hours to function.

Anyway, his favorite part of the day is his morning diaper change. I don’t know why, but when I put him on that changing table, he'll put on this huge bashful smile. He pumps his legs as fast as he can like he's riding a bike and makes all sorts of coos, squeals and giggles. He'll be content doing that for a good 45 minutes and sometimes I just leave the room for a bit to get myself ready. He doesn't even notice I'm gone! Sometimes, I think there is a ghost in the house because I’ll catch him staring at the corner of the room and suddenly smile out of nowhere.

Once we’re all dressed and ready to get the day started- which usually takes about an hour and a half (I’m used to getting ready in a half hour)- we try to do a little tummy time- doctors recommend putting babies on their tummies for a few minutes each day to get them to try to lift their heads up. Here’s a little pic of tummy time…


The worst time of day is the bewitching hour(s), usually from 5-8pm... conveniently the time when daddy gets home. Poor Matt pretty much sees Mr. Hyde and I get the lovely Dr. Jeckel (or is that the other way around??). I assure Matt of the angel he is all day long, but that just makes him feel bad that Niall doesn't seem to have any interest in his daddy-- or worse, screams bloody murder when daddy tries to console him! But Matt has been lucky enough to see that adorable smile and had his fair share of happy baby time with Niall (mainly on the weekends).

Comments

Popular Posts