A "Friendly" Ghost??

A few weird things have been happening over the past week in Niall's nursery. I was a little confused, but not too concerned until last night's occurrence. Let me take you back to the beginning...

We learned about the old lady, who lived in this house since it was built in 1948, from her children. One of her daughters sold the house to us and we met her and her husband at closing, and the other (one of her sons) stopped by with his wife one day to see what we had done with the place. He began sharing stories of his childhood and explained that his mother lived alone in this house for the last 15 years of her life, until she passed away earlier that year. Nothing too strange or out of the ordinary, but it was a little freaky to think that this woman's spirit could still be lingering around her one true home. Although I should mention, she died in a nursing home, not in the house.

Anyway, last week, I woke in the middle of the night to hear some commotion in Niall's nursery. I went in to check on him and found him fast asleep with the mobile going- music, night light and everything. This was at 3 in the morning and I hadn't been in there to turn the mobile on that entire night. Could Niall have turned it on? No, he was on the other side of the crib. Weird. Again a couple nights later. Hmmm. Ok, Niall must be turning it on. No harm done.

Well, if you remember a few weeks ago, there was a bit of a hot spell going on. So, I opened all the windows in the house to let some fresh air in. At that point in time, the mobile stuff hadn't happened yet and I really didn't think anything of this-- I went to check on Niall in the middle of the night and the door was closed. The breeze must have blown it shut. That really does make sense with all the windows open...

BUT NOT WHEN THE WINDOWS ARE CLOSED LIKE LAST NIGHT!!!!! I was horrified to find Niall's nursery door completely shut last night when I went to check on him. Now, let me explain this door... There is a hunk of carpet that STOPS the door from being shut unless you give it a good tug. I always leave his door ajar unless he's really screaming and then I'll pull it shut for a bit-- key word: PULL it shut (involving strength). Not last night- he wasn't screaming or anything. I simply woke up to check on him and found the door SHUT.

Now, I thought it was kind of nice that the little old lady was turning the mobile on to help Niall go back to sleep. What a motherly kind of ghost. She must be watching over him, while simultaneously scaring the heeby jeebies out of me. But trying to lock me out of his nursery!!-- now she's starting to get on my nerves. (and still scaring the heeby jeebies out of me)

Comments

  1. Ummmm Kerry this is scaring me! Need more updates of the motherly ghost!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts