Livin the Dream

I've been so disappointed in the cold weather lately. I was really looking forward to taking Niall outside as much as humanly possible after that brutal winter. There were a brief couple of weeks in March where I got very excited for that perfect spring weather- 70s with a breeze during the day, 60s at night. And then winter came back... this April has been so cold, I have strongly considered turning the heat back on because I was afraid my icy fingers would give Niall hypothermia while I was changing his diaper.... which got me thinking...

Oh, wouldn't it be nice if someone would wrap me in fleece blankets, snuggle me in my car seat with the shade pulled over my head to protect me from any unpleasant gusts of wind. My husband and I joke, "do you think he knows how good he has it?". And it honestly makes me sad to think that one day, his silky smooth little hands and fingers will become hard and calloused like his dad's. He'll have to work for some jerk boss (luckily not my husband's situation), busting his hump trying to support his family, no time to exercise or relax. I hate to think about that.

I wish I could go back to being a baby just to say "Oh wow, this is so much better than how I'm treated 25 years from now; I really like this." It would be nice if we got to bask in our glory as babies, but I suppose we don't really get to take it all in because we don't have a clue what is going on. But I have a feeling that he is enjoying himself, whether he understands it or not.

Wouldn't you be happy if you had your own personal entertainer following you everywhere you go, doing anything she possibly can just to get a smile out of you? I mean, I really wear myself out trying to make him laugh. 99% of the time, I make a complete idiot out of myself in front of friends and family- only to find that what was funny yesterday is no longer funny today. I watch some of the footage of my antics and I think "Thank God I'm not a stand up comedian-- this making people laugh is tough stuff!"

Exhibit A: (my apologies for the repetitive script, but that's what seemed to be working that day)








FRQZ9E75473Y

Comments

Popular Posts