2 steps forward...

...One big fat step back. I feel like ever since I've been bragging about Niall pretty much sleeping through the night, it's gotten worse and worse. I'm pretty sure I was knocking on wood, so I don't know what happened. It started out that I was going in there about twice per night, putting the passy in and walking back out of the room. Still getting a good night's sleep.

Then, it was that same drill 4 or 5 times per night... Now, it's not even walking right back out of the room- it's rubbing his back for 15 minutes while he hysterically cries. I go back in my room and he's at it again 5 minutes later. Don't get me wrong, he's a GREAT baby- very happy, very easy, all I could ask for. But I don't understand what's happening. I have a feeling it might be teething, which makes me feel terrible because there's nothing I can do to help him.

At least before, I could go back to sleep while he was crying, knowing that he was just having a little rough patch in the night and would fall back to sleep in a second. Now, I'm purposefully letting him suffer if I don't go in there and cuddle him. But I don't want him to be S.P. (as Mrs. McCullough, Matt's grandma, would say-- meaning spoiled)

I'm sure his new sleeping position doesn't help much either. He refuses to sleep on his back anymore... or his side... or his tummy. How is he sleeping then, you might ask. Well, it's this new crazy comfortable stance called "cat ready to pounce" where he gets on all fours with his head rammed into the bars of the crib and his butt thrusted into the air. Like so...


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts