Banana fana fo fana

Niall just had his 6 month appointment, so there was a lot to talk about. Everything seems to be developing perfectly on his curve. He's still in the 75th percentile for height and about the 40th for weight and head circumference. I really hope the size of your head doesn't indicate how smart you're going to be ;)

Anyway, we're getting started with real foods now. It's kind of bittersweet for me because I'm so excited for him, but on the other hand...

a) I'm a schedule kind of gal- I had everything figured out so that I gave him a bottle exactly every 3 hours and his rice cereal before bed. Now this whole cutting back a little on formula while adding mashed up fruits and veggies randomly throughout the day is really putting a wrench in my perfect itinerary. I'm basically just doing the real food at lunch and sticking to the rice cereal before bed, so we'll see how it goes.

Doctors are a little too good at this making your kid feel special thing these days. Everything you ask is answered with "every baby is different and unique... just feel him out and let him tell you what he wants." Ok, sure, I'll just let my 6 month old TELL me what he wants. That won't be frustrating. Why can't you just give me some idea of how much formula vs veggies vs rice cereal I should be giving him?!!

b) Angel baby breath. Yes, that is what it's called. Baby's breath-- Oh! It literally just occurred to me that this is the name of a flower for this very reason-- smells like heaven. There is no bad breath- ever... until you start introducing real food. I'm honestly going to miss his angel baby breath. You know that happy feeling when you bury your face in fresh-out-of-the-dryer clean laundry? It's better than that. So sweet and innocent. Ahh, they grow up so fast.

Anyway, his first encounter didn't go so great. I've heard that all babies love bananas. So I started with some mashed up fresh bananas. Here's what he thought of them...

Comments

Popular Posts