Budding Yogi

I'm all about the "baby and me" activities. I guess it started when my mother in law gave me a spring session of baby yoga for Christmas. It has probably changed my whole way of life, actually. I thought that it would be more for Niall than me, but I'm convinced that this class is the reason that I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight and much more even-keeled than I used to be.

I had no idea how much recovery was involved in a c-section. Obviously, I knew it would take more time than someone who gave birth naturally... but let me tell you that despite all of my efforts, I was not back to my good ol' self until 3 months later. Doing basic things, sure, I could get by without the help of others by about 5 weeks- but I discovered in this yoga class that when I thought things were pretty much back to normal, I still had a long way to go.

Anyway, I could go on and on about what yoga has done for me, but I'm starting to stray from the point of this post. Niall and I had so much fun in this class that I not only continue to do baby yoga with him almost every day, but I've also decided to continue with similar "baby and me" activities. I signed up for a Montgomery County moms playgroup, I take him to the park once per week with other babies in the neighborhood, and most recently, I decided to sign him up for a swim class.

I've been waiting for this swim class registration to open for over a month now. I was so excited, imagining Niall's reaction to being dipped in the water, kicking his legs around, and playing with the other babies. I saw on the activities board that the registration would open on May 17 at 6am. Ding- there was my first clue that new moms are crazy. 6 am? Hmmm, why would registration open that early, I wondered. "This must be one of those things like getting your kid into private school where the slots fill up like hotcakes," I thought. Well, you can't pull a fast one on me-- I would be ready for the registration rage!

I got up that morning at 6:15 and logged onto the site by 6:20. Well, I'm sure you guessed it by now... yes, all of the slots were completely full. I'm totally heartbroken! I guess I will have to teach Niall to swim by myself at the bay house- I mean, if he doesn't learn by the time he's 6 months, there's obviously no hope, right? ;)

My friend and I are going to look for other classes in the area. We were laughing because apparently, you're just a total idiot if you don't know that these classes fill up in 10 mins-- she called for the same class around 1pm and the lady on the phone actually laughed at her and asked "Are you serious??". I guess we had better learn the lingo!

Comments

Popular Posts