Hanging with the big dogs

I forgot how cool the park is. A few of us new moms went to the park near our house the other day- knowing that the babies wouldn't be able to do much of anything- but we still thought it might be fun just to sit around. Once again, I became overly "siked out of my mind" for Niall and tried to shove him in the baby swing with a beach towel wedged behind him to hold him in place. Surely, a 5 month old would be ready for the swing, right??

I wasn't sure that I was even going to be able to let go of him, but he figured it out right away- he held on and everything! After a few minutes, I was actually pushing his swing while he flailed his legs around in excitement. It was so cute to see baby Jack (7 1/2 months old) next to him- totally cool, calm & collected looking at Niall like "what's this kid all revved up about? it's not that big of a deal"...



Then, the cutest thing ever happened... the big kids came over and started hugging all the babies. They were so excited to introduce themselves and show the babies the ropes of the playground. The first kid came over and shouted in Niall's face "HI, I'M NICK AND I'M 5 YEARS OLD!!" I responded for Niall, trying to throw my voice from behind him "HI, I'M NIALL AND I'M 5 MONTHS OLD!" I'm not sure what the kid thought was going on. Then, his little sister came up and, in the cutest quietest voice, said "and.... I'm Leah..... I'm... 2 years old" and as a closing gesture, pulled her shirt up and flashed Niall. A born-to-be party girl, it seems.

At first, I was a little nervous about the amount of kids touching Niall's hands and face with their dirt and snot covered hands, but I keep telling myself it builds his immunities... I hope :)


Comments

Popular Posts