Wedding Weekend

Second time's a charm. This was my second time away from Niall for a long weekend- first time being the bachelorette party in Florida. This time it was for the actual wedding. I noticed some significant differences- ones that I'm afraid to admit to because it could potentially make me sound like a horrible mom, but here goes...

If you remember, the last time I dropped Niall off at his grandparents' house on my way to the airport, I was a sobbing mess. I couldn't stop crying- while I was saying goodbye, in the car, getting on the plane. It probably didn't stop until I arrived in Florida. This time, I pretty much threw the bags in the foyer, gave Niall a kiss on the forehead and yelled "thanks, I'm late, gotta run!". I drove to my nail appointment and that was that. Hmmm, what's going on here? It gets worse.

Then, I get to the bridal luncheon followed by preparations for rehearsal and then the dinner- I'm reminded of Niall a few times by the adorable picture texts my in laws were sending me, but that was it.

The next morning, I'm getting my hair done (well, doing my own hair- which is so much pressure for a bridesmaid!! But I feel like I'm the only one who can do my hair and makeup right- control freak, I know), then we're taking pictures, then we're in the limo going to the church and all of the sudden, the wedding is over and I realize-- I didn't think about Niall once the whole day Saturday until the end of the night!!!! What is wrong with me?

Or am I suffering from my classic Irish Catholic guilt again? Maybe it's normal to take a day or two off, have a conversation that doesn't involve baby talk- I get that. But forgetting he existed?? I can't believe I went a good 6 hours without his cute little face popping in my mind.

Of course, once I saw him on Sunday, I was overwhelmed with happiness to see him and hold him again. And of course, he got bigger in those 2 1/2 days. He gave me that same look that he gave me at the airport coming home from FL; that sort of "Oh yea, I remember you- glad to have you back!" look. So I guess we both forgot about each other for a quick spell. Hey, if he can do it, I guess I should be able to slide by, too :)

Comments

Popular Posts