Ocean City

My dad and stepmom have a time share in Ocean City, so we were lucky enough to bring Niall down for a long weekend. I know it sounds like my life is a total vacation, but I swear all of these opportunities have just been a coincidence. Niall has had more beach time since he's been born than I've had in my entire adult life. Hey, I'll take it however I can get it.














We lucked out with weather and we hit the pool, beach, and Coastal Highway for long walks every single day. I could tell that Niall was really enjoying the freedom- especially now that we're back and there isn't even room to crawl on the family room floor. While we were there, we would sit on the porch and feel the breeze, he would look out at the ocean, and he would scoot around the common room. Yes, he is finally scooting! I think he's very close to crawling.

It didn't officially happen until the day before we left. It would start with him rocking back and forth on all fours to pulling himself in 360s on his tummy, and then we would dangle a water bottle in front of him and that was the ticket. Out of all the overpriced baby toys he has, a simple empty water bottle takes the cake as his favorite. We discovered that on this trip. The few rare times he would cry, all we had to do was hand him a water bottle. Well, once he saw one a few feet out of reach, he figured out how to scoot up to it in a jif.

He also made all sorts of fun sounds- he's definitely doing a lot of the "da da da!" and at one point, I was pretty sure he moaned "Mommmmm, whyyyyyyy?" It's so funny because he just keeps getting louder and louder. He'll just belt it out from nowhere, demanding everyone's attention. It's hard to think that we won't have any more scheduled trips to the beach this summer, but I'm sure we'll find a way. Plus, I have my stepsister's wedding in San Diego later in August. Keep it comin!

Comments

Popular Posts