The Pearly Gates

So I went and did it. I removed the spiky bamboo stick vases, plugged all the electric sockets, and put up those safety gates.

I find it really interesting (more like humorous) how all of these do-it-yourself assembly baby items claim to be so easy. Even the picture on the box cover touts a savvy mom holding her kid on her hip as she swings the gate open. Sorry folks, it doesn't work like that. Not for the baby einstein jumper and certainly not for the safety gates.

When I went to install the no-hardware, no tools, easy peezy gate, it would absolutely not fit in the door frame. I realize that this is most likely the fault of the 50 year old house and not the safety gate, but I'm guessing there are plenty of other houses that are having the same problem.

Then, it's a whole other ballgame trying to get the gate open. It claims to hold its place so that you don't have to constantly re-adjust the panels, but I can't seem to figure that part out.

So here's our not so perfect, but gets the job done, off kilter gate. It's pretty much on a diagonal to fit the frame, but it's probably better than nothing :)




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts