A little vacation

When I booked my flight to San Diego two months ago, I was very careful about making a wise seating selection. Niall has flown before, but this was when he could barely move. He sat there like a little angel bump on a log and everyone around us just smiled and admired him. I don't think we're going to be so lucky this time.

He's all over the place- squirming and crawling and bouncing up and down, so I had a feeling it was going to take some serious focus from both Matt and myself to keep the rest of coach class from killing us. This is why I picked seats that a) kept us all together, b) had at least one of us on the aisle, and c) were close to the front so we can get off there as quickly as possible when the flight is over.

We have 4 flights total; 2 going and 2 coming back home. I sat in front of that online seating chart for a good half hour, making sure I had the ideal scenario for all 4 flights.

So you can imagine my excitement when I checked my itinerary this morning to find the following message: "would you like to choose your seats?" (or let the airline do it for you). My blood just started boiling and I immediately had visions of Matt in the front of the plane and me and Niall stuck in the very last seat, with Niall spitting and puking all over the guy next to me.

I was told that the airline must have "reset" their seating chart after I had made my arrangements. Cool. Thanks for letting me know. My best shot is to get to the airport early and explain my situation. Customer service people are so not helpful. They always refer you to someone else who is just as clueless.

I'm trying to stay positive and focus on the beautiful week we're about to have instead of dwelling on the horrible flight we're up against. My stepsister is getting married right outside of San Diego, at the cliffs of La Jolla. It looks so amazing that all of these little glitches along the way seem totally worth it.

Plus Niall will get to see Grammo and Grampo- it's been over 3 months!

I won't have my laptop out there, so I'll be back on the blog next Tuesday.  Thanks for stopping by :)

Photo Credit: Estate Wedding and Events


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts