Babies Gone Wild Part 1

I had 2 very important baby events this past weekend, both of which were hysterical. So, needless to say, I have way too much to put into one post. The first one was a reunion with some of my college friends, one of whom has has a 17 month old.

Try to imagine 5 women (it's so weird calling myself a woman, but I guess I can't say girl any more), 2 babies, 2 strollers, and about 12 shopping bags, trying to get situated into a long booth at a crowded restaurant in the mall.

Brooke forgot that she had 3 heavy shopping bags hanging on the handles of her stroller, so when she went to take Landon out, the stroller flew over and blocked the entire walkway. Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out how to fold up and lock my stroller and jam it under the table somewhere- unsuccessfully.

Once we got situated, Niall was getting antsy in his high chair. I don't know why, but I've found that the best solution in situations like these seems to be cheerios.  I see the moms in church doing it all the time and it's definitely a small miracle worker. So, I give him his "no spill" snack cup and he proceeds to ram his hand in there, grab as many cheerios as he possibly can, and fling them backwards at the people sitting behind us.


At this point, I decided I was in need of a real treat. No salad today. To my vegetarian friends' dismay (who were sitting right next to me), I ordered the "Memphis Burger"... which I'm not particularly proud of. In fact, I may have been a little bit ashamed, and rightfully so.

It consisted of a burger and melted cheese, topped with pulled pork, cole slaw and mayonnaise. Don't knock it til you try it- it was seriously amazing! If you haven't thrown up yet, the thought of little Landon eating straight up ketchup with a spoon might help ;)


It was so cute watching Niall and Landon warm up to each other.  They started playing "foot fives" (AKA footsies) in their strollers, swapping toys, and at one point, Landon decided to hand over his special race car without any barter.  But once he realized what he had done, he immediately regretted it and told Niall to get his paws off!




 
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. Too funny! WE had those wonderful "no-spill" cups for Cheerios, and you are right. That is a miracle food for moms! Glad you had such a good time, and from someone who raises beef, thanks for ordering the Memphis burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I love it. Yup, Cheerios are amazing, and when the kids get tired of those I'm a big fan of Gerber (or the generic brand) fruit puffs! It would seem that nothing is ever REALLY "no spill" at least not once my daughter gets her hands on it! Oh well :) Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I am now following back! Looking forward to reading more.

    Kristin
    Born 2 Be Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. try a munchie mug. although once toddlers get them out, theres just no telling what will happen with anything. prepare for the worst - its like a battlefield, in public with toddlers!


    thanks for the follow- following back!

    www.mamalovesherbargains.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew I had pass that time of stroller fight
    My babies had grown and now they can run and I have to chase the everytime. I think it's worse :D
    Thank you for stopping by, I follow you back

    Citra @ innocentia
    http://childhood-obsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Going out to eat with little ones always makes for interesting stories! :) Thanks for following me, I am now following you back!
    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a day and I love the burger:) I am following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What adorable picture your captured! I love them! Thank you for stopping by Smiling is Good for your Teeth! We will keep in touch! <3 Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too have found the miracle of cheerios or puffs when Bryce didn't want to sit still while we were out eating.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts