Pee Wee Herman

A friend of mine pointed out that there's just something about vacations- babies/toddlers always seem to come back home with a new trick.  I guess the new environment just stimulates their little imaginations and helps them to learn new things or accomplish new milestones.  It gives them that extra bit of motivation that they couldn't seem to find at home.

I definitely think she's right.  I've been thinking about it, and Niall came home from South Carolina last Easter (at 4 months old) laughing like a little hyena.  We go to Ocean City (7 months) and he learns how to crawl.  We go to San Diego (9 months) and he can suddenly smile for the camera.  It really seems to be something about these vacations.  He comes home a brand new person. 

Well, this time, he learned to expose himself.  Yes.  I was putting my makeup on in the mirror and could see him clearly in the background.  He likes to stand up in the pack n play these days and just kind of peek his head over to see what's going on.  I swear, the kid didn't move the lower half of his body- but somehow managed to slip his pants off and dangle them over the side of the playpen, like "I don't need these mom"-- with a huge mischievous smile on his face.




And then proceeded to do it again when we got home.  He's not even close to walking and yet he somehow maneuvers his legs out of his pants- while standing up- without so much as losing his balance or wobbling over.  I can barely do that!


Aside from indecent exposure, we did a lot of other exciting stuff throughout the week.  First most important stop: Grotto's Pizza- a must!  Second stop: Kohr Bros pumpkin and cinnamon swirl custard.  Last stop:  a long walk on the beach to attempt to compensate for my gluttony.




Some less exciting firsts included pointing to anything on the ceiling (lights, fans, smoke alarms), as well as a series of his first excruciating temper tantrums.  I mean, WOW, could this possibly be the same boy I was just giggling and cuddling with a week ago??  I'm very nervous about handling the terrible twos.  If this is just the beginning, I don't want to see the end.  Stay tuned ;)

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. HA! that is hilarious Niall!!
    I wish I could think of a situation where this new found talent was useful without sounding like i'm making a dirty joke. silly boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Great post! Don't worry about the terrible twos. The adorable behavior and cute things that he will start saying and doing FAR outweigh the frustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one sneaky little boy you have. After they learn to take their pants off, next comes the diaper. Watch out! I'm telling you this from experience. He's so adorable and looks so proud of himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little guy is so cute! Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kerry!

    Hahaha... what a cutie and smart one to take off the pants by himself! Maybe it's too hot or stuffy for him?

    Btw, thanks for the follow and I've returned the favor! Looking forward to seeing you back in my blog sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha - that's so funny. I love his new pants trick. You know, now that you mention it, Nate started signing and pulling himself up on a vacation. Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that is some serious talent!!!

    And really, we've started with the tantrums too! Though they were mostly when Levi was sick last week. It's like he just had no ability to cope... But ohmygoodness, look out! (yikes!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! Too funny! I'm impressed he can take his pants off while standing, pretty tricky for being so young! Sounds like you had a great time (besides the exposing trick and temper tantrum). The custard sounds delicious and prefect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahaha, my 2 yr old (yes, we're in the mist of terrible two's over here!!) takes his pants (and shoes and socks) off all the time!! I swear that kid never wants to wear clothes! (But it's still pretty funny when he does it)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts