Some Twisted Resolutions

A lot of people dread making New Years resolutions, others think they're cheesy and pointless, and a small group of people actually commit to some significant life changes that they will accomplish in the next 365 days.

I don't fall into any of those groups.

I absolutely love New Years resolutions. I rarely follow through with them, but I am a firm believer that "it's the thought that counts." If I can strive for something bigger and try to make myself a better person, I'm taking a step in the right direction. Even if it never actually happens ;)

Believe me, I have A LOT to work on. But I think it's best this year to follow my favorite saying "KISS"-- keep it simple, stupid. I usually try to pack so much on my plate, I won't even be able to remember the first thing on my list, come January 2nd.

So, I'm going to do things differently this year.  Just work on 3 simple things...

1) Only ONE complaint or negative thought per day. I'm thinking that if I really have to save up and make it a good one, I might wait all day for that really bad thing that's worth blowing up over... and it may just never even happen :)  Wishful thinking, I know.

More realistically, I would have to choose between a series of blows, like yesterday... a hammer fell on my toe from about 8 feet high, I got a letter from the IRS that I owe $800 from the tax year 2007?!!?, and I was double charged by Verizon for the same bill.  Luckily, it wasn't January 1st yet, so I had a good cry about all of them.

2) More family fun on the weekends. Matt and I have done enough hibernating this winter for everyone on this entire block. It's time to get off our butts and take this boy outside for some fun activities, dang it!

3) Do one nice thing for someone every single day. For you regular people, that might sound like a lot and would involve actually doing things, but for me it will be easy.  It will be things like not screaming at someone who cuts me off or not telling the customer service person at Verizon that they don't know how to do their job.  Just simple things like that ;)

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, but I'm going to give it a shot.  I wish you all the best in your New Years resolutions and adventures.  Bring it, 2011! 


Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :) Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. happy new year to you!!! love your resolutions... but have to confess i haven't even thought about mine yet (if any). it's been fun watching your little dude start to grow up and i love the photo post of him that you did as well - the year in review. all the best for 2011 my friend! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Those are terrific resolutions. I would be a better person to work on one and three as well. I guess I'll THINK about it :) Happy New Year to you, Matt and Niall! What a horrible string of luck to end 2010 - ugh. Did you break your toe?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny because I didn't break my toe (as far as I can tell), but it landed in such a weird spot-- it was the cuticle of my big toe and just this one bright red droplet of blood came out and that was it. It hurt SOO bad, but it looked like I was being a big baby because there was barely a mark!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts