Our First Family Snowman

I typically look forward to power outages; forcing me to enjoy the often forgotten pleasures in life: reading, writing, painting, pretending I am a photographer, etc.

But they can be deceiving, those "fun" power outages; those little escapes from reality. When 6pm rolls around, you are left sitting in your pitch black house with the silence of your own thoughts- no books, no nothin. (Matt is in Vegas- how convenient.)

After 12 hours of freezing our buns off and running out of time to save the day old groceries I had just bought, Niall and I packed up our things and headed to the in-laws. They were one of probably 100 houses in the 5 mile radius with power.

And I knew exactly what we would do when we finally finished unloading all of our salvageable groceries...


I haven't built one of these guys since I was about 10 years old-- and I have to ask, is it normal to profusely sweat and feel like you ran a half marathon when you're finished? I think it's really a 2 or 3 person job, so I had my work cut out for me.

Especially with a baby trying to crawl onto a busy street and a 150 pound dog determined to plow through every delicately rolled snow body part.

It's funny how you'll look at a picture of a couple kids with their dog, standing next to a snowman and think "How fun!". Nobody ever considers how incredibly difficult it was to a) build the snowman, b) get a toddler to stand next to it, c) get the dog not to trample the whole thing, and d) get them all to look at the camera.



It's almost a small miracle. But I was determined to make this thing happen, through all the blood, sweat and tears. So help me, there would be some inkling of a snow person when I was finished with this thing.

As Amber (the dog) was eating the frozen blueberries right off Frosty's face and Niall was crying from snow filling his pants and boots, I couldn't help but be proud of myself; it was our first family snowman!



Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :) Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts