A Royal Wedding of Our Own

I don't know if this is just me, but do any of you married women remember the first couple of weddings after your own big day being kinda hard? Maybe you felt the slightest smidgeon of jealousy that your ship had already sailed.


It's like the angel and the devil over your shoulder-- one saying "What a beautiful day, it's the perfect wedding, what a stunning bride!" and the other saying "Boo, this isn't fair!  I'm not even allowed to catch the bouquet anymore!"  And the more you try to tell that one to shut up, the louder he gets.

But then you get it out of your system and you're back to your old self, enjoying weddings and relishing in the happy memories of your own; appreciating how cool it is that weddings can be so different and yet equally beautiful, classy and fun.

I love weddings.  And I was honestly over the "I'll never be a bride again" sadness hump.

But then there was Kate Middleton.  She blew me away.  And made me seriously pine for a time capsule.

Seriously.  What a vision.


photo credit: www.hollywooddame.com

But you know why my Friday, April 29th, 2011 was even better than Kate Middleton's?  This is why:



Ok, not quite as fun, but close.  My sister in law, mother in law and I had an authentic British morning tea party, complete with homemade scones (Bisquick counts, right?), apricot jam, and handmade crazy hats.

Even Niall was into it.



And, drum roll please....


Yes, "authentic" $12 Princess Diana engagement rings from www.royalwedding.com.  Our motto is go big or go home ;)

So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Kate.

Just kidding, I want to be you.

Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. I stand by my theory that Kate copied my ring, but I forgave her the second I saw her dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! It looks like you had a blast!
    I wish I could do my wedding day over again! I would wear a dress like Kate's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! I love that you guys even busted out the hats! My kind of women - all or nothing baby, all or nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts