Big Bird

I just about died the other day when I walked in my family room and found this:


I didn't set this up in any way, shape or form. He just decided that Big Bird needed a friend (or maybe the other way around), and the rest just came naturally.

It did kind of melt and break my heart at the same time to think that the kid has such strong feelings for a life size stuffed animal. Makes me think he really needs more human toddler friends, even though I take him out around other kids almost every day.

This big bird was mine 20 some years ago. When you lift his little tail feather, you'll find a cassette tape player where you insert a Big Bird narrated story tape. I wish I still had that tape, but it's long gone now.


This bird's feathers are more brown than yellow these days and he weighs about 20 pounds, but Niall carries that thing around like it's his prize pig.


He started off in my family room when I was about 3 years old, then he was passed down to my little cousins, who are now 10 and 12, and now he's back home again. I'd say he's had a pretty good life. It's good to have a new buddy for good ol' bird again.  I'd say the best buddy he's ever had.




Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. awww....so cute!!! I have an Elmo stuffed animal that was my aunt's and then she gave it to me! I wish I knew where it was though :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so precious! My daughter's nick name is Big Bird because she fell in love with him when she was a toddler. She is now 8, and I still call her Bird. You are really talented with your camera!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and commenting. I hope you have a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts