Flashback Friday

This time last year, I was bragging to all of my family and friends about what a "born water baby" I have.



He loved to splash and kick and jump, and even let me dunk his head underwater-- but I was way too nervous to let that last more than a milli-second.  Either way, he was a fish out of water and I couldn't have been happier.




So I'm not sure what I was thinking when I let a year go by and assumed he would remember all of his wonderful swim lessons and days at the pool from the previous summer.  It never even occurred to me to take him to an indoor pool over the winter.

Well, if you haven't guessed it by now, spoiler alert... Niall HATES the pool these days.  He screams and kicks and tries to pry himself off of me when I bring him chest deep into the water.  To which, I plead with him "Please stop kicking me away from you or you're going to DROWN!!! Don't you get that I'm the one keeping you afloat in this giant bath tub??"

Yesterday, he kicked my top off and there was absolutely nothing I could do about it because I was holding him arms length away while he used all of his leg strength to propel himself off my chest.  Meanwhile, I'm trying to hold onto him for dear life and duck underwater, hoping nobody sees my missing bathing suit.

We've got a lot of work to do.  There is no question that we will be doing swim lessons this fall, winter and spring.  He has to get used to the water again or I'll be devastated.  I feel so bad that I let him forget all of the progress he made last year and I am hoping he will re-gain his love of the water if I keep exposing him to it, but I think it's going to be pretty brutal for a while!

Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. Oh no - that sucks! I hope it's just a phase...good chance it is. You know those toddlers, hate something one minute, love it the next. And OMG about your top coming off!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts