Giving me a run for my money

These 2 appear to have teamed up on me-- both in sleep tactics, as well as scare tactics.

 

Don't let those bashful little faces fool you; there's a whole slew of scamming going on with these guys.  How can a baby and a toddler possibly team up against their mom?, you might be asking yourself.  And I would be asking myself the same question.

But sure enough, they have.

As soon as this one has started sleeping through the night...


(8-6!!!  Wooohooo!!... Well, who am I kidding?  That only happened yesterday, but hey, a win is a win.)

Now, this one is waking up in the middle of the night with more bad dreams and other excuses...


What, you don't think an after-dinner walk to 7-11 for slurpees was a good idea?

I'd have to agree.

And this probably didn't help with the allergies that constrict his nostrils, burn his eyes, and give him an all-around hard time sleeping:


The ol' throw dirt in my own eyes because it looks fun.  Gets him every time (and me). 

Ok, so we have some work to do with sleep.  But can we stop giving mommy quasi-heart attacks every day, please?

Niall strategically placed this guy...


at the top step ever-so-perfectly, so that when I glanced down the stairs while holding Brendan, it would be under me; not in front of me.  Just the right spot for me to trip and fall down the whole flight of stairs.  Thank God for my cat-like reflexes ;)

And Brendan... you're a little young to be so good at hide-and-seek:


He can't crawl yet, but he is able to use telepathy and/or magic to move from the middle of the floor to other off-limits places in the 2 minutes that I'm gone while brushing my teeth.


Oh, is that funny?  You're 5 months old, how do you know funny?  Well, I guess if Big Bro says it is...


Don't worry, help is on the way.  And by help, I mean violent dragging.


Glad you guys are so amused.



But I think the real clencher today was when I was lathering up Brendan's sunscreen on the bed and turned around for 2 seconds to spray Niall's legs... aaaaand, cue baby swan dive off the bed.  Again, the cat-like reflexes saved me.  (Did I miss my calling in life?  i.e. stunt man, goalie, cat impersonator).  Caught that little sky diver in mid-air, head down. 

Life Lesson #471:

If your baby can roll-dodge/ use any form of telekinesis/ has no apparent fear of death, don't put him on the bed for sunscreen application.

Got it, thanks life!


 Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts