My Time is Ticking

It's a mixed bag, the stay-at-home mom gig.  There are certainly days when I swear I would happily take the first full time job that comes my way.  But then there are days or even weeks when everyone is just so easy-going, pleasant and fun to be around.  Those are the times (surprisingly more often than the former) when I think to myself "I am just so lucky to have this gig."

I sometimes forget to stop and smell the roses, but when I do, I really can't help but smile and feel truly happy.  Like the days when we are out and about, and decide out of nowhere that we need to make a side trip to Potbelly's for a milkshake in the middle of the day.


Like the times when we pack up the diaper bag at 8 am and decide to take a trip to the Washington monuments for the day.


And like the times when I just don't feel like doing anything and we all snuggle on the couch for a good Pixar flick and some homemade popcorn.

I can't help but think I'm really going to miss all of this next year when Niall is in pre-school.  Even though it's just the mornings, I can rarely count on making anything happen in the afternoons logistically.  It's just too hard with naps and cleaning the house and getting dinner ready.  So when the mornings are out, unfortunately so are the McCullough clan excursions.


But things will evolve, like they always do.  The excursions with mom will become excursions with friends that mom only knows about because of talks around the dinner table.  And that's ok.  That's my baby boy growing up and becoming his own person.  It's a good thing and a crazy thing and a hard thing all at the same time.  Niall will love it, this I know-- and if he is happy, how can I not be?

 Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts