Love

I love how Valentine's Day has become this holiday for children-- remember when February 14th was that one special day of the year for people who are in love?  Well, in our house it is more like the Easter Bunny came early-- and not for me...


I mean, where are my chocolates and slap wrap bracelets??  Just kidding, I honestly don't really care about holidays like this.  I'm more of a birthday and anniversary kind of gal.  Mother's Day, Valentine's Day and all the other ones like that are just this kind of awkward "please don't get anything for me" but the other person doesn't know if you really mean it kind of situations. 

Valentine's Day is especially tricky for me because I can ever think of anything appropriate to get for Matt.  It's not a holiday for real big ticket presents, but I'm not going to get him flowers or boxers.  I don't feel like guys expect anything, but every year I rack my brain anyway to find something comparable to what they are supposed to get for us (and usually end up with nothing). 

This year, Matt and I both definitely slacked.  We won't be going out to a nice restaurant and I didn't even plan a special dinner at home.  But in the true spirit of celebration and love, I tried my best to create something festive for when Matt came through the door tonight...



Cookies from a box covered in frosting from a can.  It doesn't get much better than that, does it?

I have to admit, there were 10 when Niall and I started this morning-- then he wanted one... and then I proceeded to eat half of what was left.  I kept telling myself that Matt and I each only needed 2 for dessert and then it turned into "Matt can have 2 and I can have 1."  Now I can't even guarantee that there will be any left by dinner time. 

The whole thing is especially pathetic because I was initially going to give up sweets for Lent, but as I was making the cookie mix, I decided to switch my sacrifice to "not being negative."  I guess you could say I'm in a bit of a lazy funk lately, but taking care of 2 kids age 3 and under apparently allows me to be this way time and time again, so we'll chalk it up to that :)

Hope you have a great Valentine's Day!

 Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. Awww, looks like a fun Valentine's Day

    It's funny because having Mason has made us celebrate Valentine's Day more as a couple than we did before. Maybe it makes us appreciate each other more?? LOL Luckily for Mason, he has 9 kids at school and a Grandma to make sure he feels loved on Valentines.

    I want some cookies now!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts