All I Want for Christmas...

Niall got his first teeth! 2 little stubs popping out of the front bottom gums. It all makes sense now- all the crying, jamming his hands down his throat, drooling all over the place. I know this sounds so obvious, and I did mention before that I thought he was teething- but I didn't realize he was this close! And I probably still wouldn't know if it weren't for a little visit the other day...

My friend Jamie came over the other day and while she was holding Niall, he started chewing on her hand. She mentioned that his gums felt extra sharp and I immediately flashed back to the last time I did the old gum rub down to check the teething situation. It had to be at least 3 days! Every time I thought about it, my hands were dirty and I would forget to do it the next time I washed them. He could have had teeth for days and I wouldn't have even known it!

So I quickly shoved my fingers in there and it was definitely sharp! I knew it wasn't just the usual ridgy-ness. It's more difficult than you would think to actually find the suckers, though. I had to pry the mouth open, move the lips out of my way, and push the tongue up off the gums. And then, in the most incredible fleeting moment, I saw the glistening little jewel. The one on the right is really visible and the one next to it is a little smaller, but there are definitely 2 distinct teeth.

This was even more thrilling than when he first rolled over. We were so excited that we both let out a huge scream and scared poor Niall. We were clapping and cheering and he just started bursting into tears. A little too much excitement for the angel boy- but it was a great day :)

Now he's gnawing on frozen washcloths soaked in diluted rum- hey, you gotta do what you gotta do... This baby stuff is tough!

Comments

Popular Posts