Jail Bird

I think Niall's theme song should be "Don't Fence Me In." He definitely does not want to have anything to do with being contained in any way, shape, or form. He recently decided that his favorite bouncy chair (my saving grace) was also constraining and cries whenever I put him in it.

I have to be very strategic now about how to best use my baby toys and distractions. If he is in a happy mood, I can strap him into the high chair with a few toys on the tray (the most efficient "toys" would be the cap to his baby bottle, an empty water bottle, and a TV remote). If he's in a decent mood, I can try the bouncy chair. If he's steering toward a bad mood, the johnny jump up is usually the final attempt at strap in contraptions. Once he's had it, it's off to the floor where he can roam... which means I can't get anything done because I will look away for a second and he'll have the trash can lid petal in his mouth.

But the worst thing you can possibly do to him.... is put him in the crib against his will. He freaks. The mobile is a good distraction, but doesn't always work. It's interesting, though, because some nights, I'll put him in there and he just rolls over and starts playing and scooting around. Other nights, he'll immediately be distracted by the mobile. Most nights, he cries because he doesn't want to miss anything.

But the other night, I noticed he was being particularly quiet after I put him to bed, so I went in to investigate... Sure enough, I caught the little rascal trying to escape. He was reaching his hands through the slats of the crib trying to figure out a way to get out of there. He looked strikingly familiar to a county prisoner- if only he were wearing orange :)

Busted!


Let me outta here!!

I guess I'm locked up for life...

Comments

Popular Posts