Mini Vaca at the Bay

I can't believe it's been over a week since I've updated this blog. I feel like so much has happened. We took an unexpected vacation down at the bay house in Southern Maryland (where Matt and I got married). My dad and stepmom came down on their way to the beach last weekend, but then I wasn't ready to go home, so I stayed :)

It was like heaven for Niall. We went in the pool 4 days in a row. Even the first day (May 29), when it was actually really cold, he still loved it. He would kind of gasp as I eased him in, but then he would get a huge smile on his face as we bobbed up and down to get used to it. He was even kicking at one point- I don't think he knew that it was helping him to swim, but still. He also surprised me with a little present in the swim diaper on the last day- swim diapers pull up like underwear; they don't open on the sides like a diaper. So you can imagine how messy it got with him squirming around on his back and me trying to pull the diaper down gently. Needless to say, there way poop flying everywhere.

We also installed a baby swing on one of the branches of this huge tree overlooking the water. I wished that I could get in it. It looked so relaxing. He absolutely loved it. The dogs would just play next to him while he swung back and forth. It's such a great place to take Niall, so we're really lucky we can pretty much go whenever we want. It's only an hour and 20 minutes away.

I was a little nervous about letting Niall get too close to Vice, Pat's 100 pound bulldog. He can get pretty excited and even though I know he doesn't want to hurt Niall, it's still a little alarming to see him try to jump up on him. But they actually did great together. Vice was learning to calm down around Niall and Niall was smiling and laughing at everything Vice did- especially the barking. Niall thought that was hysterical.

I know, a little frightening to see such a massive dog in front of such a tiny baby- keeps you on your toes ;)

It was really a great little getaway, but now it feels like there's so much catch up-- even though I did work on my laptop while I was there. Oh well, it was worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts