Lazy Bones

Blame it on the triptophan (is that how you spell the chemical in turkey that makes you sleep??)-- I didn't get around to anything, much less writing on this blog over the long holiday weekend.  But I think that's what Thanksgiving is all about- aside from giving thanks ;)

I had big plans to take pix of Niall holding a giant turkey leg and put it up as my "Happy Thanksgiving" post... didn't happen.  Then, I was going to write additional posts about grandparents, aunts and uncles and everything we were doing over the weekend... didn't happen.

We didn't even make it to the much anticipated Christmas tree lighting and Santa photo opp on Friday.  And to top it all off, I only took 1 pic from the entire holiday.  I just ate, drank and laid around.  And I loved every minute of it.

{Niall holding up a fake hot dog while riding around in his radio flyer wagon}

All I could think about was how I couldn't remember anything from Thanksgiving last year (Niall was only 4 days old), and how I really needed to soak it all in and make up for lost time this year.  So naturally, I also decided to allow myself to indulge in 3 pieces of pumpkin cheesecake.  I deserve it!!  (is what I kept telling myself)

The story ends with my "life changing" healthy lifestyle diet that starts today.  Wish me luck (it's not that hard- all of the food is really good, so I have no excuse if I fail)...

breakfast:
oatmeal with sliced half banana, brown sugar, walnuts
half grapefruit
glass of water
cup of tea

snack:
glass of almond milk
vanilla yogurt with blueberries and granola
glass of water

lunch:
corn, tomato, avocado, black bean salad
OR
green salad with chicken, tomato, cucumber
1 small piece of dark chocolate
glass of water

snack:
mixed nuts
glass of water

dinner:
fish/ chicken
brown rice/ whole wheat pasta
veggies
glass of water

This should last until about a week before Christmas, when I will binge again until the new year.  Tis the season :)


Click it or ticket! Just kidding, but please vote for us :) Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. ha! i love the hot dog picture instead of the turkey leg. nice, kerry.... nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I was suffering from triptophanitis as well. In fact, I still am, since I am too lazy to look up the spelling. My big plan was to get a picture of the three of us for our holiday card. Didn't happen. Mmmm...pumpkin cheesecake! I overindulged in pie. I need a new meal plan as well. I don't think it needs to be fancy. STOP EATING LIKE A PIG, AMBER should work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts