Cafe on the Terrace

Whenever I see a movie that has a little European cafe in it, I can't help but let out a little "ahhh, why can't I live in a town overlooking the water with a terrace and flowers and French pastries?" sigh.  

But I started thinking about it and realized that nobody is a tourist in their own town.  Do you think the pastry eating terrace dwellers are taking pictures of themselves doing what has become their daily routine?  I bet they don't even realize how cool it is.

So that's when I decided it was time to start exploring my own city, my own town.  And guess what?  We have a European terrace!  With Christmas lights draped from the buildings and a French bakery with homemade pastries... could it get any better?




This amazing alley is just a 12 minute drive from my house.  Bethesda is known to everyone in the 30 mile radius as one of the must see, must experience places of the area.  But it is mostly known for its super expensive restaurants and shops, so I usually choose not to torture myself.

Once I started walking around, though, I realized there were all these great little places to just grab a coffee or a frozen yogurt and walk around.  It was perfect for Niall to run and explore, while I snapped a million photos of anything and everything around us. 












Next stop: Kensington.  Our little town that extends maybe 2 miles in all directions.  I may even stop and pick up the visitor center walking tour map.  We'll just pretend we're not from around here :)

Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. I love this idea - how fun!!! (I also love reading your blog to borrow your fun ideas :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Rockville Town Center!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you like to borrow ideas! I'm hoping I'll keep stumbling on them as we go :)

    and Jamie, I don't think I've ever walked around Rockville Town Center! Is that further up the pike- with the movie theater? I don't think I've been there in over a year. Let's go sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that! I'm still discovering cool places in my town, too.
    PS we have that shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That place looks fantastic! We have a lot of fun being tourists on this island when family comes to visit, but I love the idea of doing it on an ordinary day - there is so much to see that our busy lives make us forget!

    Love your bathtub relaxation post, too ;) So good for a mama's soul!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts