Social Media

An Ode to Social Media

Oh, social networking....
you are the bane of my existence.
Nobody cares that I'm making a PB&J sandwich.
Nobody cares that I'm cleaning up another wad of crusty baked beans of the wall.
Nobody cares that I'm LOL'ing or OMG'ing what my BFF just tweeted.

But you have somehow managed to weasel your way into my daily routine and are now sucking the life out of me.

I don't have time to think of witty status updates, ok?
I don't have the energy to post interesting links and comments 10-20 times per day.
I don't feel like copying and pasting my blog content on 50 different networking sites every time I write something.
I don't want to sign up for services that allow me to manage 50 different social media sites at the same time.

Just leave me alone, ok?

Can I just blog and not network?
Can I just say I'm not into tweeting, facebooking, flickring, digging, deliciousing, linking in, pinging, and whatever else is out there?
Can't I just continue quietly stalking other people on Facebook and not take part in the conversation?
Does that make me a bad person?
Doesn't the 1-2 hours of brain juice I spill each day trying to write an interesting post count for something?
Does the fact that I don't have a smart phone mean that I'm not smart?

Well, guess what, social media?  You're not outsmarting me.  I'm just not that into you.  So there.


Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. Haha - I feel the same way! I have such a hate/love relationship with facebook. I just want to stalk people too :) And twitter...I just don't get twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are so not alone. I found myself so sucked into "marketing" my blog that I started losing interest. So I started writing just for me again, found my enjoyment, and noticed that I'm STILL getting new followers. Trying to keep up with the social media sights is really difficult.
    And I'm glad to see that I'm not alone in not understanding Twitter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts