1 month in

I'm not gonna lie, I had no intention of putting any time into this blog for at least 3 weeks after Brendan was born... but I didn't expect that once I decided to come back to it, I would wake up determined to post something 7 days in a row... and never actually do it.

Time is the prized jewel these days and I definitely don't have a lot of it right now.  Every day, I try to make myself a mini schedule with just 2 or 3 small tasks on it, in the hopes that I can get back to "normal"... and every day, without fail, it just doesn't happen.  The day literally runs away from me.  Where does it go, seriously??

But that doesn't surprise me at all; I was expecting that. What surprises me is that despite the lack of time, handling 2 kids has been surprisingly do-able!  Who would have thought that having a 2 year old and a newborn would somehow be easier emotionally and mentally than having 1 newborn?!

I think it's something about knowing what to expect.  I know this time around that I'm going to be up several times a night; I know that babies have this shrill, urgent, constant cry that sometimes can't be soothed; I know that there are certain times in the day and certain patterns that work best.  And somehow I don't feel like I'm going crazy yet.

A lot of credit should be given to the kiddos.  Niall has been unbelievably understanding-- he naturally wanted to be picked up more when he saw Brendan being held all day, but he knew that mommy had a "tummy boo-boo" and just couldn't do it.  He would cuddle up next to me and point to my stomach, saying "tummy boo-boo!  Mommy tummy boo-boo!"

He also loves to hold Brendan's hand and give him big hugs (sometimes too big).  And every morning when he sees Brendan for the first time, it's like he forgot that Brendan existed for a minute and belts out "BABY BRENDAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Then, there's Brendan.  He could not be an easier baby.  I swear he is asleep for about 20 hours a day, and-- don't hate me-- he only wakes up once a night. So I think I'm actually getting 6 or 7 hours of sleep (broken up).  Which has been crucial because I haven't been able to coordinate Niall's nap, the breastfeeding schedule and Brendan's sleep to be able to sneak in a nap of my own more than 4 times since he's been born.  God works in mysterious ways, but I'll take it :)

Disclaimer:  I do have to mention that when he IS awake, there is a lot of shrill, urgent crying... but I'm not complaining!

My actual c-section recovery was a lot easier this time around, too.  I think it was over a month before I felt back to normal with Niall and this time, it was about 2 weeks.  Breastfeeding is going well this time, too.  Not perfect, but the fact that I'm not screaming and holding back tears like I was with Niall counts as a success in my eyes.

But along with this blissfully busy period of time has come a completely pathetic lack of picture taking.  I have a few more to share, but I don't think I've taken more than 10 pictures since this boy has been born.  I'm going to try harder in the coming weeks, but I honestly don't have a spare hand most times-- and by the time I realize that a certain moment is desperately screaming to be captured on camera, the moment has passed.  Practice makes perfect, I guess.  I'll do better next time!

Pre-Death Grip Brotherly Love Hug


Uh-oh, cross eyes
 

Best Buds
Most recent photo- about an hour ago

Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. YAYYYY PICTURES!!! i bet you think niall looks huge now! haha. so cute. we just got a kitten and piper keeps strangling it whens hes hugging it. i think shes jealous of her. im glad niall isn't having that reaction to his bro. good job, mama. you're doing great!! and awesome that he's sleeping/nursing well and that you are getting some sleep, too (although i'm sure it doesn't ever feel like enough). can't wait to see you all. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, he's just adorable. glad you're doing so well with having two and that niall's being so good with him. BUT you need to take more photos young lady!! and get our man to take some with you in them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts