Cherry Blossoms

Wow, am I ready for spring. Not that we had a bad winter-- I'm actually pretty sure that it was the onset of global warming in full effect (which I prefer to blissfully ignore and enjoy). But something about the winter months just makes you want to hibernate and find excuses not to do anything outside.

Maybe it has something to do with the sun going down at 4pm and I feel like I should be in bed by the time 6 rolls around, or maybe it has something to do with the fact that I have a newborn baby and a 2 year old, which creates quite the debacle when it comes to loading up bags and getting in and out of the car. I feel like I'm packing for the airport every time I want to leave the house.

Either way, I'm ready to get out and about. And what better way to do it than this?



Sometimes I forget how lucky I am to be so close to so many fun, beautiful and free things to do.  The cherry blossoms have to be one of my favorite reasons to go into the city.  It's about a 40 minute drive, plus 6-10 dangerous u-turns/ city boxes (when you keep making right turns to find parking somewhere near where you started), plus 8 minutes of packing kids into strollers and unloading the contents of the diaper bag into the basket under the stroller.  But definitely worth the effort.

One of the major downers of having a baby brother:  not riding the paddle boats.  Geez Brendan, can't you just gain 20 pounds real quick??  Way to ruin the day (as displayed by Niall's pouting).


Guess who didn't care about the paddle boats or the blossoms?

THIS GUY


But Niall found other ways to enjoy himself... or I should say 1 other way:




Watching the ducks.  And that's all he wanted to do for the rest of the day.  Cherry Blossoms? Not interested.  Taking pictures?  Not interested.  Sitting in the stroller?  Not interested.  So thank goodness I had my friend with me, because I'm pretty sure I would have been diving in the water to save Niall, while simultaneously holding Brendan (and all 3 of us ultimately drowning).






Another perk of having Caitlin there was that I got to take pictures.  If it were just me, I'm about 99% sure that I would not have had a free hand to pull my camera out, which is the whole purpose of going to these things.  And we managed to catch them on their peak blooming day, which never happens!  Plus, we like her company :)






Happy Spring!




Niall loves your votes! Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts