Perspective

Since we've moved, and even a little bit before, I've really been feeling the pressure.  The pressure of what, I'm not really sure.  All I know is that I feel like I can never catch up.  I can't manage to eat breakfast anymore, I can't find the time to blog, I can't get the kids to bed on time, I can't get the laundry folded before I put the next load in, I can't make a phone call to catch up with a friend...  You name it, I just can't.

So when we got back from our vacation last week to find our brand new finished basement completely flooded and ruined, I felt like all of our hard work over the last month to get to the point where we were finally settled in the new house was all for nothing.  Totally defeated.

All of the furniture had to be moved upstairs in our living room, all of the toys and small items packed back up into boxes.  The carpet and subfloor had to be ripped out.  We are basically moving yet again-- and it doesn't feel like once, but two more times (packing it all back up and then upacking again and putting everything back into place).

But amidst all the chaos, I can't help but recognize how insignificant these kinds of problems really are.  Something that I have learned in the last few years is that if you have your health, you have everything.  If I miss the mark on a thousand bedtimes, stare at 50 piles of unfolded laundry, and get sidetracked by endless amounts of excriment (to the point that I wonder if my child is something other than human)....

I still have playdates at the lake:


And the bay:

 

 A week in the mountains:


A trip to the petting farm:



With a protective big brother to keep Brendan safe from the vicious turkey:


Witnessing natural wonders:

 


A trip to the ice cream shop for no reason:


And of course, moments like this, where my heart turns into a puddle and I am crying and laughing and jogging and trying to take a picture all at the same time.


Moments like this help me to remember that no matter how crazy things get, life is good.  What more can I ask for?

 Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. So heartwarming and so true. Perspective is everything. It is inspiring to hear your story and the pictures are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, so sorry about your basement. What a nightmare!!

    Love love love the swinging gif!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts