Settled

Finally.  I can say, after 3 months of living in our new house... 1 flood, 1 entirely replaced carpet, 1 touch up paint of the walls, and 1 "deja-vous experience of moving furniture and all kinds of boxed stuff all over again" later... yes, we are actually feeling settled in now.

Now that I've had a chance to do some assessments of each room's lounge-worthiness and keeping the kids occupied-ness, I've definitely come up with my favorite things about our new house.

Surprisingly, the top of my list has to be the deck.  I didn't realize how much I would actually use this thing, since we didn't have one before.  We eat breakfast, lunch and dinner out there almost every single day and I absolutely love it.



Another bonus:  when the kids are done eating, they run straight over to the jungle gym-- leaving me alone, in peace, to actually enjoy my food and not scarf it down my throat standing next to the sink!  It's the little things ;)



Next favorite is definitely the TV area.  Matt and I can now watch TV without curling into the fetal position on top of each other to squeeze onto the loveseat.  This baby is a little piece of heaven...


We've joked that it's kind of sad because when we are sitting on opposite ends of this couch, we can't even reach our arms long enough to remotely come close to touching each other.  Ahh, so sad.... I'm sure I'll find a way to get over it ;)

Next, the play area (AKA Godsend)...


'Nuff said.

As much as we are settled in now, and I do feel like we are 95% there, I have to wonder if these will ever end up on the walls...



There are probably at least 2 pictures up against the walls of each room in the house, but I get the feeling that both Matt and I are kind of at a "stop and breathe" point, where we're just feeling done with the whole thing.  So maybe at some point in the next 6 months, we will also have pictures on our walls.  We'll see.


And finally... this room is in no way, shape or form my least favorite; it's just that the other rooms are so much more functional for us right now.  This room was designed mostly by mother-in-law (an interior designer) and I am an absolute drill sergeant about letting the kids go in it.  I'm sure I will be able to actually enjoy this room in 10 years or so...


Until then... STAY OUT!!!!  And please enjoy the play area for your entertainment located downstairs :)


 Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

Popular Posts