Fall Festival

For me, it just doesn't get any better than capturing the perfect screaming baby photo... at the peak of the meltdown... when you also get lucky enough to capture the whole story of why the kid is so upset.  The look of utter terror on his face (literally...pun definitely intended) was just priceless.


He warmed up to that sweet old cow eventually... well, not really, but we tried.


Aside from that minor hiccup, we had a blast at the fall festival.  I think one of my favorite things about being a stay-at-home mom is that I can do this kind of stuff on a Tuesday and avoid the apocalypse that I'm sure this place would be on a Saturday or Sunday.

So we enjoyed all of the hayrides, slides, tractors, corn mazes, goat feeding, muddy pig watching and chugging cider out of barrels that we wanted-- without any lines whatsoever.







Feeding the goats was probably pretty close to the top of their favorite things list from that day.



There's something about holding an ice cream cone full of goat feed and then being locked in a pen with 50 animals sporting horns on their heads that just freaks me out a little.  When they all started creeping in on me with that incessant "mehhh-ing", I just let my kids take the lead and kept a comfortable distance.  You're on your own boys; my motherly protective instinct is dwindling these days ;)

... As demonstrated by my 1 1/2 yr old flying down the mile long slide by himself.


I tested the waters first and determined that there was a good chance he would still be alive when he got to the bottom...


It took Niall a few back and forth trips to get rid of those initial jitters.  He would trek to the top, stand there for a minute looking down at the bottom, and then turn around and run back down the hill.  This went on 5 or 6 times before he finally built up the nerve to do it.  But once he did, he was completely addicted.


And for the day to end with these 2 making room for each other to share the one-seater tractor-- and actually smiling while they did it-- means that the day was a total success.  We will be back next year :)



 Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Comments

  1. Week day outings like this are the best! I took the boys last year on a nice quiet weekday, and it was a different experience than the zoo we faced trying to have some fall fun today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, isn't it crazy how different it is!?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts